As Black women, many of us can agree that we have a complex relationship with sex and understanding our sexuality. Religion and the purity culture that permeates our community make it almost impossible for us to have safe spaces to speak candidly about our sexual desires and ideas around sex. Now, ya’ll know that I love speaking about sex, especially good sex and that is why I am so excited for you to meet today’s guest, Ashley Cobb, also known as Sex with Ashley, a woman who has dedicated her life and work around one idea: to help black women have better sex.
Join Ashley and I as we have a candid conversation on perceptions around sex within the black community, the impact of trauma on black women’s sex lives, the importance of therapy, and why now more than ever, it’s important for black women to have safe spaces. Listen in as Ashley dishes on her evolution from Ashley Cobb to Sex with Ashley and her journey to having it all.
Meet Sex with Ashley (Ashley Cobb)
Ashley Cobb is the millennial microphone that brings the conversation of Black Sexuality to the forefront, and across generational lines.
Ashley is a sexpert, blogger, and influencer known for her fun, down to earth and practical commentary that’s been featured in top media outlets to include Huffington Post, Cosmopolitan, Self Magazine, Women’s Health, Black Love Doc, Shape, and many more. She’s also the Sex Advice Columnist for the lifestyle publication Madame Noire.
Ashley also is the creator of the digital news and entertainment platform, Gossip and Gasms, which has been coined “The Shade Room of Sex.” In addition to that, she co-hosts a sexuality-centered podcast, “Hoe And Tell” that features real-life sex stories from strangers.
Join Ashley and I as we discuss:
- What having it all means to her, her journey, and common misconceptions associated with having it all
- Her background within the church and breaking free of purity culture
- The importance of having conversations around sex within the black community
- The impact of Trauma on sexuality and the importance of therapy
- Walking in your purpose and how this can help you have it all
I want to send a special thank you to Ashley for this honest conversation. Thank you for your wisdom, vulnerability, and sense of humor. A special thank you to you as well for listening to today’s episode. I hope it starts a much-needed conversation within your own life and communities. Feel free to like, subscribe, and share this episode within your circle. Here’s to having it all!
Connect with Ashley:
- For Updates on her work, as well as her five favorite sexual wellness products, check out her website.
- Listen to her podcast Hoe and Tell.
- Check out Gossip and Gasms
- Find Ashley on Twitter and Instagram
Connect with me:
- I would love to hear from you; send me an email at: [email protected]
- Want to find out more about the show? you can do that at: www.leaderandloverpodcast.com
- Find Leader and Lover on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leaderandlover/?hl=en
- Find me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheri_spigner/